Friday, April 18, 2008

review 2

Energy Drinks Worth the Buzz?
I love that this article talks about energy drinks and the negative affects they have on your mind and body. I used to drink red bull like it was water, but then I realized it was making me sick and I always crashed right after. I can recall one night, when I was pulling an all nighter it made me sick throughout the whole night and I am not joking at all. It is only going to provide a good burst of energy for maybe thirty minutes tops. Afterwards, your body is going to crash and you are going to be left even more tired than before. There are so many better ways to get energy than to chug energy drinks that are loaded with sugar and caffeine. It is really helpful to take a jog or stretch. If you get too tired, I say just splash some water on your face! I think that sooner or later energy drinks are gonna be out the door. One time at an event for Kappa Delta, a parent asked me not to drink Red Bull in front of her daughter and I completely understood. I would not want my kids to get to drinking that junk and cause them to get sick or even worse hyper.

1 comment:

Asnanti said...

My mom use to always drink energy drinks. It was weird because she didn't even drink a specific one. She would just get them and try them I guess o see what would happen. She works two jobs so I could see why she thought it was beneficial, but I must admit I was glad when she just went back to coffee, even though that's not any better.